We get it—you are focused on your product or service had blogging has taken a back seat. This happens time and time again for busy profitable companies. Something to remember about blogs is they drive organic traffic adds great value to your sales funnel. When you create compelling content it can drive a prospects to your site as well as more qualified leads. Today, it is easier to find blogging services or writers, use tools like AI to generate ideas, and plan out a content calendar. Here are 12 blog tips to remember:
1. Identify your target audience: Understand who you are trying to reach with your blog and tailor your content accordingly.
2. Develop a content strategy: Determine the types of content that will be most effective in reaching your target audience and plan out a schedule for publishing new content.
2. Write compelling headlines: The headline is the first thing that readers see, so make sure it's attention-grabbing and accurately reflects the content of the blog post.
4. Use images and visuals: In addition to text, use images and other visual elements to make your blog more engaging and visually appealing.
5. Optimize for search engines: Use keywords and other SEO best practices to help your blog rank higher in search engine results.
6. Promote your blog: Use social media, email marketing, and other channels to promote your blog and drive traffic to your website.
7. Encourage engagement: Encourage readers to leave comments and share your blog on social media to increase its visibility and reach.
8. Keep it up to date: Regularly update your blog with fresh, relevant content to keep your readers coming back for more.
9. Write in a conversational tone: Avoid using jargon or overly technical language and instead write in a way that is easy for your target audience to understand. This one can differ by service, product, or if the topic itself is to drive technical product but keep in mind even B2B is still talking to a persona or individual.
10. Edit and proofread: Make sure your blog is free of spelling and grammar errors, as these can be distracting and make your content less credible. Great way to do this if you are less detail oriented is has someone or a process in which you pass the piece by someone to read or edit prior to posting.
11. Use internal and external links: Link to other relevant articles and resources within your blog, and include links to external sources to provide additional context and credibility.
12. Experiment with different formats: In addition to traditional written blog posts, try experimenting with other formats such as video, podcasts, or infographics to see what works best for your audience.
These are helpful reminders in creating content for your blog. Keep in mind consistency is key and to use other tools like google trends and alerts to see what topics your audience might be interested in. At the end of the day we are hoping to teach or inform our audiences. Try these out on your blog in the coming months and let us know how it went!
From projects large to small we are here to serve you so you can
focus on what matters most.